Friday, November 20, 2009

Running

Okay, for those of you that don't know, being active is an important part of my life. I love feeling fit and energetic. Okay, who doesn't? So, I searched for `running and Graves' and came up with some great inspirational stories.

For instance, Gail Devers was a gold medal olympian who lost about 35lbs, her hair was falling out etc and was undiagnosed for almost 2 years. They were even going to amputate her legs at one point. In 1990, they discovered she had Graves Disease and she had radioactive iodine treatment and then thyroid hormone replacement therapy. She went on to win a silver medal in the 1991 World Championships! THAT IS ONE YEAR AFTER TREATMENT!

Did you know that President George Bush Sr AND his wife also had Graves Disease?

1 comment:

  1. yeah, my cousin had the radioactive iodine treatment and is now on hypothyroidism meds and is doing great. did you ever get my long email I sent a while back about thyroid stuff?

    ReplyDelete