Monday, December 21, 2009

The Results Are In...

Kind of. We think. My endocrinologist called today and said, `It looks like you have had Post Partum Thyroiditis. Your TSH and free T4 levels are almost in the normal range'. This is very, very X 100 good news. She said that I should feel good in about 6 more weeks and generally women with PPT are 100% normal within a year. I see her again in 2 weeks and we'll see how things are then. My heart rate still gets really high quite quickly (walking, stairs, etc). I tried to jog a week ago, because I was so excited that I was having a good day, and after 4 minutes my heart rate was up in the 190's. She said it's because I have developed additional adrenaline receptors and this should also get better.

Dudes, when you look up Post Partum Thyroiditis, they make it sound like it's something that's not that big of a deal. If that's what I had/have, I did not get the mild kind. I got a severe case that is going to take a lot of recovering. My body has never been so weak. Ever. My leg and arm muscles are so soft. Good thing I've had to continuously lift Koen (22lbs) because that has kept my core somewhat strong. I have a lot of work ahead of me and I have to be patient with just walking right now.

I'm a little hesitant to be 100% overjoyed because I've had 3 different diagnoses within the hyperthyroid realm during the last 4 months. I'm scared that `something' will come up. I guess for now, I just have to embrace my health and assume that it is `just' PPT. My eyes have a lot of healing to do and she said that they should also be better in the next 6 weeks. The steroids have helped with the inflammation but still feel dry, gritty, and are light sensitive.

So thankful. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! Please know that I am truly thankful.

3 comments:

  1. what a relief! I hope and pray for you that the healing continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising the Lord with you, and praying there are no further surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news. I understand this has been such a challenging time for you and it must be hard to not have had a straight answer. I pray that this is it and you are completely yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete