Tuesday, February 1, 2011

100% Normal Louise

Saw my endocrinologist today. I even took the boys with me which would have been an impossible feat 1.5 years ago:) Anyway, she said I can now come off my medication. I was a little afraid of that idea as I am still jittery before I take my meds in the morning. So, we decided a month of weaning me off would be good. Just take my 25mg PTU (which is virtually nothing) every other day and see how it goes. She asked about my energy level and I let her know that I am 100%. So awesome. I seriously feel 100% normal. The old Louise. It took so long to get my thyroid under control and then have my body recover from how much it messed it up.

The only things that are still `off' is that my hair continues to fall out at a much higher rate and I have insomnia. The melatonin totally helps with the sleep.

My BP was super wonderful (90 something over 60 something) and my heart rate was a good old 66 bpm. So awesome. I love being healthy and am so thankful for it. I know things could always change but for now, I'm so happy! My next appointment isn't for 5 months! Wow.


8 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord Louise! What amazing news! So delighted for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Just in time for football!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo! God is good :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Man, such a long journey. Glad to hear the good news! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic!!
    I was actually wanting to ask your opinion. I have always been a pretty high energy person but recently it feels almost like that is in overdrive. On one hand I am exhausted, on the other hand I get frequent surges of adrenaline, sometimes my hands shake and I get the odd heart flutters. I do drink caffeine but always have and it doesn't seem to be related to how much I drink. I started wondering if maybe my thyroid is out of whack and thought I might ask you. I don't typically have trouble sleeping but I do wake up early because of extreme adrenaline. It is almost like I feel nervous all the time but I don't have anything to feel nervous about. Do you know what I mean?
    I hope you don't mind me asking you........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley, I would highly recommend getting your thyroid checked! It sounds like so many of the symptoms that I had. I often felt like I was suffering from anxiety but I wasn't anxious about a thing. I would be baking cookies at 11pm and working til 1am. So much adrenaline! Mine was really, really extreme but you could totally be hyperthyroid right now. Does not hurt to get checked, just a simple blood test! I would recommend it. You have to take care of yourself and your thyroid is involved with every single part of how your body functions. Please get it checked, you don't want it to get worse. Just my opinion:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you. I went to the dr and will be getting blood work done next week. He is also wondering about my blood sugars so they are testing that as well. I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete