Friday, March 12, 2010

Latest Blood Test

Latest blood test results (see the normal levels on the side to compare)
TSH: less than 0.01 (LOW)
Free T4: 24 (HIGH)
Still have the stereotypical hyperthryoid symptoms. I've been taking cold medicine (even though it warns `do not take with thyroid disease unless you talk to your doctor') which helps me to sleep at night. Ear plugs have also been helpful in the sleep department. I feel okay using them now because Gary actually hears Koen.
Found out that hot tubs and steam rooms are very bad for me. Heart rate went waaaaaay up.
Football season starts in a few weeks...we'll see how I do at practice. I'd love to play, just not sure in what capacity.

2 comments:

  1. so a low TSH plus a high frere T4 = hyPERthyroidism?
    When will they ever be normal? (or is this the 'wait-and-see' game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie-even low TSH and normal free T4 = hyperthyroidism. They hope that I will soon get into a normal range (prob need to increase my dose of meds) and then maintain that normal range for a year and then get off my meds. We will see!

    ReplyDelete