Monday, February 15, 2010

It's Time

Yesterday we took some pictures of our family at a local park. I had to delete all the pictures that were taken from behind because wow, I didn't know what was happening back there:) Months and months of minimal exercise (besides walking) and baking just a bit too much (Christmas, birthdays, valentines) have taken it's toll! It is now time to start getting a little more fit. My body can handle a bit more now, so this is the plan:

1. Yoga (half hour) and jogging (maybe just 15 minutes at this point). I will work out 5 days a week choosing either yoga or jogging. I will take the kids out for a 30 minute walk 5 days a week.

2. Make at least one vegetarian meal per week and eat more fruits and veggies throughout the day.

3. Hold off on the baking for a bit, even though my `Cupcakes' book has 3 recipes bookmarked, ready to go:)

I had worked hard in the summer to lose 12lbs and then I got Graves' Disease and lost an additional 15lbs or so. Those 15lbs are back already. I wouldn't mind losing 5lbs and keeping them off. It's so hard when my thyroid is not under control to keep things steady. I have never fluctuated in my weight before, it's quite frustrating.

So, the goal to work towards are; lose 5lbs, run 5km, and I guess not be worried about pictures of my butt:)

No comments:

Post a Comment